Monday, February 14, 2011

Stop and smell the Roses

The hubby and I had a really great talk last night. Mostly about things that we're working on changing in our lives and about how we are really working on just being the best people we can be. We try to volunteer as much as possible and always lend a helping hand to those in need. We try to live and be as selfless as possible. Doing as much for others as possible and always putting others before ourselves. But anyways, it was just one of those moments in life that I realized how lucky I am. And how grateful I should always be.

Sometimes I tend to lose sight though. I turn into the person who wants it all and wants it all right now (whatever 'it all' even is)! I forget to "Stop and smell the Roses". And while I am busy planning our next step, I miss what is happening right here and now. I forget to slow down and appreciate all of the wonderful blessings I have at this very moment.
But life sat me down last night and reminded me of my blessings. I am married to the most amazing man! I'm not just saying that. He really is the greatest thing since sliced bread. LOL. And I truly believe that we are Soulmates. I will not sit here and tell you that I don't deserve him, I do. I have gone through enough to know that he is exactly what I never knew I always needed. But there are days I need to be reminded of that. And tell him, so I did. And then he reminded me that God knew what he was doing when he brought us together, into each others lives for a reason.

I am also surrounded by some truly great friends, and I have 3 wonderful sisters who I adore, and a neice who is one of my closest confidants. I no longer have my Mother or Father (RIP Mom and Dad) But I still have lots of other people in my life who I love and who love me. And that's a blessing in itself! Some people have no family or friends. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without any of them.

So basically we've decided that we need to slow down a bit. And remember to take time to notice the little things and enjoy what each day of life brings us. After all, life is a marathon, but not a race.

2 comments:

  1. I am Miss Instant Gratification, herself, so I TOTALLY get what you are saying, here! :)
    I think that if we all stopped and smelled the roses a little more often we would all be much happier! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I think everyone needs to regroup and take a moment to be grateful for everything we have in our lives! Thanks!
    I just started following your blog, and girl you crack me up! Thanks for the uplifter during such a challenging journey!
    Best of luck,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete