Thursday, February 10, 2011

Setting up for Success

I am trying to take this whole weightloss journey in baby steps. I'm scared if I rush into it head first like all the other times I have tried that I will fail like before. So I am trying to set myself up for success by planning all my meals ahead of time and by making sure that I have all the neccessary foods and tools at home. This way I can't use the excuse that I didn't have any healthy snacks so I "had" to have that bag of chips or that handful of cookies. I figure that taking
small, manageable steps rather than one big drastic change should work for me. Because before I would just jump right in and say I'm never eating this again or I'm never gonna do that again. But I always end up going back to my old ways. And I don't want to do that this time. That's why I'm so "leery" of saying that I'm on a diet. Because this is way more than just a diet. This is a total lifestyle change for me. If I approach the changes gradually and with commitment, I think I will be able to grow into these changes and eating healthier will eventually come more naturally. I went out yesterday and bought some arm and ankle weights. I'm going to use them when I go walking or bike riding. I bought a Brita Water Pitcher that Filters tap water, that way I can't "run out of water" and grab a can of soda. And I also got a Pedometer and a Diet Journal. I hope that by journaling all my daily meals and snacks I will be able to look at what I have eaten that day and decide where, if any, I am making mistakes. And then learn from those mistakes. I'm a long way from where I want to be yet. But 10 pounds is a good start and I'm excited to go back in a year from now and reflect on what I have accomplished. So hopefully my little plan for success will work for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment