Saturday, January 22, 2011

Subway Rules!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated much in the past few days but my friend Zach got put back in the hospital. He was running a high fever and coughing alot so we had him brought in because of all his other health conditions. They are going to keep him another day or so then he should get to go back home as long as he doesn't run any more fevers. (He's the one who was shot last year). But anyways....
I had Subway for lunch today and it was delicious!!! EAT FRESH! I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything when I eat at Subway. What I mean is that their lower calorie sandwiches are just as good as the others. Thanks goodness I love all the veggies on mine which really makes it filling. I think that's going to be my new spot. I must admit though, I did get a cookie! But I wanted to somewhat "reward" myself for all the hard work I have done over the past few weeks. I'm holding steady at a loss of just 8 pounds. But I haven't weighed myself in over a week either. So hopefully I have lost a few more pounds and not gained any. When I went to visit my friend at the hospital earlier I went on a walk around the hospital just to get some walking in today. Then I think tonight I'm going to go on a bike ride if it's not too cold. That's my new favorite excersize! I had not been on a bike in over 15 years and then about a week or so ago I just got this urge to try it out. So I borrowed my friends bike and took off. There is a church across the street from where I live so I decided to try it out there in the parking lot first. I rode slowly for awhile as I learned to ride again and then decided to pick up my pace a little, so I got brave and went out on the street. This was about 9:00 at night so there were'nt many cars out or anything. But I got up to a pretty fast speed and then realized as I was  going down a hill that this bike didn't have brakes! OMG I just knew I was going to crash. I was praying outloud, "Oh please God No, Oh please God No".  I made it down the hill safely and up the next so that my speed tapered off and I was able to stop with my feet. WHEW that was close. At least my fatness would have cushioned my fall if I had fell. LOL. But after I stopped that night I decied to walk the bike back to my house. I have since found a route that is completely flat so I should be okay. And that's where I'm planning on ridng tonight. Wish me luck! )

No comments:

Post a Comment