Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Does this make me look fat?




 I would NEVER ask this question. First of all, because I know the answer to the freaking question. Duh! And second, I will know that who ever I am asking would be lying to me if they said no. So this got me thinking. (Which can be slightly dangerous at times). But I was wondering if any of my overweight friends and family ever ask this question to other people. Almost all of them immediately said no! Well why is that? Because we know we're fat and don't need anyone pointing out that a certain outfit may make us look even worse. So what gets me is when all the skinny people ask this question, knowing damn well what the persons response is going to be. It's like they love to hear, No, you could never look fat, your SOOO skinny. UGH. I have a niece who has the body of a super model and she's tall too. And I swear everytime we would get ready to go somewhere she always asks me that. My reply is always, "Please don't worry about it honey, you'll be standing next to me".  She doesn't find my answer funny, but I do!

Anyways, this is just a pet peeve of mine and I had to "vent" a little. I overheard someone ask this earlier today who obviously knew she didn't look fat. Because if she really thought she looked fat, then why the heck was she half naked? HMMM....People.....?

4 comments:

  1. Haha, this is a great post! And I think you're absolutely right--if you're "fat," you're not going to ask that question so that whoever you're with will (a) either confirm your insecurities and make you feel worse, or (b) lie to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK- this post had me laughing out loud!

    SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when someone skinnier than me asks me if they look fat. It's a big no no. I almost feel like they are bragging or fishing for compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny (and true). Who in the world still asks that question? If you have to ask, the answer is going to be yes, 95% of the time. SMH

    ReplyDelete